Friday, February 6, 2009

Pssst... I am powerful... I am noble... but it's a secret yaa... :P

Humility is a strange thing, Once you think you got it, You Lose it ~ anon

This was mentioned at the recent V.C’s yearly memorandum. Wow… how true, kan. Humility or to be humble is a tricky thing. The moment you congratulate yourself for being humble; you just lost it by contemplating over it.

I guess, technically, a humble person do not talk highly about their nobility or show it out with smug expressions. In some cases, people tend to blurt things out with no intention of showcasing their talents, nobility or achievements. So does that mean a humble person has to be super secretive or quiet all the time, not talking about past experiences? No, Not exactly. It goes back to the way we deliver our stories or share our passion over certain things/ issues.

Actually, I think most of us love to hear stories of people with great achievements, right? How they started and how they bloomed. From greatest achievers to some noble folks around us, Stories need to be told, examples need to be set, motivations need to be passed on. We need inspirations, don't we :D


Back to humility, we don’t have to try hard to show our humility.

Humility need not be proclaimed, it is self-defined; tied close with our personality, with every word we utter, every action we take. The way we treat people and the way we react to people. It comes alongside another value known as respect. To receive respect, first, we need to know how to give them to people.


Hihihi… I am not perfect. Writing this as a reminder to me, when ever I get lost in narcissism :P


Last year, in V.C’s memorandum, I was captivated by the idiom Resmi Padi: semakin berisi, semakin tunduk. It is a Malay idiom, derived from the nature of rice paddy plant. The more the grains grow, the lower the plant bows down. Hihihi... I hope I get this translation right :P (macam direct machine translation jek bunyinyor.. huhuhu)

Message/the Challenge: The more powerful you turn out to be, the more humble you become.


Can you? Can I? Can we?


It makes all the difference when your subconscious mind work in these 2 different ways
  • Ahoy… I’m doing this because I’m humble, dude…”
    vs
  • Ouh… it’s ok, dude… it’s nothing much, this is all I can do…”

So… can tell which one is humble which one is not aar?

opppppssie....my entry's title definitelty isn't!!! :P:P gimmick plak

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a good post. You are right, humility is the way you deliver it. It's easy to get caught up in this materialistic world now and people might easily perceive you're bragging when you're only telling the truth of past achievement... and of course when asked, we can't keep every details as secret or else we'll be deemed as anti-social? I guess it really boils down to the way you deliver it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the way we deliver ;-) and i guess, also being sensitive to the surroundings, like from how they respond back to us can give us hints whether we are goin out of line or not ;-)

    ReplyDelete