Thursday, January 15, 2009

Na Oru Tadava Sonna.....

I just read a friend's blog. Quite a number of posts where she wrote about movies, Tamil mainly. Good reference point for me, coz I follow Tamil movies... ahaks...


I watch Tamil movies since I can't remember when. Practically, I grew up watching em. Hindi too but Tamil in majority. I know some people label anak mami penang to be very fanatic over Hindi movies... hehe... I can safely say I'm not one of them coz I'm kinda like more hardcore sikit... I watch Tamil movies instead. Yeahhhh...


There was this one time, bollywood feva hit the country, where almost everyone can sing /know one of shah rukh khan's hits... Yaa.. he's cute and all, and I enjoy his movies and all... I do enjoy some Hindi movies like Bobby, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and any movies with Juhi Chawla in it. But still... can't beat my preferences over tamil movies. Why Tamil movies?
  • Most of the stories are more believable and related to real society / human struggle/life etc
  • Some interesting / good stories in hindi movies these days are actually remake from Tamil movies, so I might as well watch it in a version I understand better :-)
  • Not all leading actors/actresses look like they belong to the calendar pose.

The fact is, there's a lot of dubbing and remakes of movies in India, (Tamil to Hindi, vice versa, Hindi to Telegu etc) to better suit the audiences' language and accent. I think it applies the same here too... although some viewers do not understand both Tamil and Hindi, given the same story line, they choose the version they are used to/ prefer. Pick your preferences... I'll stick with mine... hehe...

Oh yaa... another fact... most of my friends know who Superstar Rajinikanth is, although they never follow Tamil movies.... Zassss.... dushhhh dusssh... or famously known as Padayappa.

Like Amitabh Batchan in Hindi.... Rajinikanth in Tamil, both of them are unreplacable. You can never remake their movies and try to make another actor portray their roles... sure fail! They can only dub their movies to another language but never can they remake it, what more to maintain the same aura in it.

Huhu... ada sekali tu... In bilik TV desa Aman (first year masa tu). I tengah lepak ngan Shasha and the TV was on, an entertainment series by Malaysian Indian performing groups. Shasha excited, although she never watched Tamil movies/ videoclips. Not wanting to distract other viewers there, whispering to me, asking me what this and that meant. "Ohh.. maksud dia... mcm Rancangan Hiburan" I answered when she asked the meaning of the show. Then, ada lagu keluar dan video klip kuar... dia tanya dgn konfidennya... "Eh, Letchumy tu apa maksud dia" Terus la aku gelak terbahak-bahak dgn kuatnya... weiiii... letchumy tu nama orang laaa! Other viewers looked at us speculatively... alamak... to avoid controversy, we quickly left the room, with Shasha learning something new dat day.

My effort to influence people to watch Tamil movies/shows never ended there. With help from Alisa, fellow Tamil movies fan... we continue to make more viewers who do not understand Tamil, watch the movies / or just listen to the songs. Antara success stories:

  1. The whole lab used to listen to Tamil songs Alisa and I would play in the wee hours, when we used to stay back in the lab for final year project
  2. Make close friends around us watch at least one Tamil movie. The most popular one: Sivaji the Boss, followed by Ghajini. Paling berjaya: ada yang menonton berkali-kali tanpa disuruh.
  3. Transfer Tamil Mp3 songs... Paling berjaya: Zal, has become a fanatic fan of tamil songs
  4. Most of my friends know how to respond/echo to my "Tanggeci Vicca Maram" song... Paling Berjaya: back in secondary, making this song our school debate team's theme song.
  5. Turning on THR Raaga in my car (*actually dah default setting). Paling Berjaya: Aca dancing to the beat, with me in the car listening to THR Raaga... well done, Aca! Haha!


To end my post today,
famous quote from Rajinikanth...
Na Oru Tadava Sonna... Nuru Tadava Sonna Maari.
Translation: When I say it once, it's like I have said it hundred of times.
Penjelasan: I will only say it once... if it's equivalent to 100 times, it means I am very firm about it, so you better do as I say/ ask... kalau tak...
and this...

Cuba cek panggung wayang yaar ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment