Some people view life as a student after a certain age as taking time-off from Reality /"normal life" to enter 'student-hood'... sounds like we are in a la-la-land or some sort.
Being a student doesnt give us immunity from all other responsibilites around us. There are bills to be paid, families to look after, datelines to be met, debts n loans to be settled etc... it simply means life resumes. Yes, life as a postgrad may appear to be kinda flexible, having space and given independence (in a way). But.. ouchhh.... these advantages are as deathly as it sounds convenient. It's a part of our battle to deal with this.
Don't misunderstand. I still love what I'm doing... and love and enjoy my time being a student :-) am aware dat everything has its ups and downs... its Just dat... sometimes, it irks me when ppl give the judging look when they discover my status - single and still studying at my age. Sometimes I'm immuned, sometimes I'm affected ;-) well, that makes me human.... and InsyaAllah... I hope will make me stronger.
Being a student doesnt give us immunity from all other responsibilites around us. There are bills to be paid, families to look after, datelines to be met, debts n loans to be settled etc... it simply means life resumes. Yes, life as a postgrad may appear to be kinda flexible, having space and given independence (in a way). But.. ouchhh.... these advantages are as deathly as it sounds convenient. It's a part of our battle to deal with this.
Don't misunderstand. I still love what I'm doing... and love and enjoy my time being a student :-) am aware dat everything has its ups and downs... its Just dat... sometimes, it irks me when ppl give the judging look when they discover my status - single and still studying at my age. Sometimes I'm immuned, sometimes I'm affected ;-) well, that makes me human.... and InsyaAllah... I hope will make me stronger.
Btw... here's bits n pieces from a conversation I had with a fren, a student like me... just some Nerdy talk lah...
Part 1
A: internet supposed to offer so many things but i feel nothing for them hahahha
S: yes.. thats y i want to say
S: be far away frm PC even if u r not using it for ur research. it makes u tired, better to be far from it for few days, just play with ur normal life WITHOUT PC
S: its getting impossible nowadays but when u do it u feel better. That y i said..that day, turn off my messenger and blablab
S: some times we waste many energy for just checking our emails and useless thing via the internet
A: u know, rite now i am waiting for something from email for more than a week
S: yeah same as mine
A: no reply till now, so internet makes me more dpressed now than ever
S: thats yyyyyyyyy
S: we hate the internet i guess
A: yaaaa
S: me & u right now
A: irony
A: but we are using it to talk now
S: yes... LOL
S: i love internet
S: but sometime i hate PC AND INTERNET
S: I FELL IT MAKE ME MORE CRAAZY
.... and duh.... wat am i doing now??? on my PC...online and diverting my emotions to my blog...
MORAL: Balance your life... say no to turning into human-species from Wall-E (too caught up with / reliance on technology that they overlook real human interaction)....
-haha geeky talk gives geeky conclusion...
Part 2
Conclusion of the post?
Part 2
S: thatss the human story,,whatever u dont hav u wish 4 it
A: yes
A: like me
A: i want to travel simply becos i can’t do it now
S: and u forget abt the gifts that u got
A: yes
A: and sometimes i envy ppl who r married n have kids
A: but i know it doesn’t mean life is all the time perfect when u marry n have kids
A: n doesnt mean u not happy when u r single
S: yeah
A: but since i am not in that stage, it makes me feel like i’m lacking
S (who is married): and maybe i envy of ppl who are not married
S: i say..good laa, they can just concentrate on their stuff and their research
S: no extra responsibility, no headache, no overflow
S: they can just be like a mankan think of any single dress or ...they wear
S: me like a jumble up person just jump to the dress and jump to school
A: see... this is the thing
A: human nature
A: like to be in the situation u are not in
S: i totaly understand uuuuuuuuuuuuu friend
A: maybe if now.. i am working, committed n busy bein software engineer
A: i might be thinking
A: y didn’t I further my studies and go into academics
S: so lets fight with this feeling once it comes to us
S: just STOP /PAUSE it
S: we must pause negative issue
A: yesssszz
MOral: KEy to HAppiNess.... Be ThankFul n HAppy for the gifts you already have... its Ok to want more in life... coz its good that u improve n upgrade your life... but dont push yourself to the extent you take things you already have for granted....
..................................................................................................................................
Conclusion of the post?
I need to get back on my feet.
--> please put aside the negativity.... be optimistic... and move forward!
No comments:
Post a Comment