Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Business in the motion

.....last year....

Niecey nicey: Aunty, open the light... I want to pass motion...
Me: What....?
Niecey nicey: I want to pass motion pleaaaseeee... please open the light
Me: Huh? Pass motion.... what's pass motion?
Niecey nicey: Pass motion is go to "uuu-uuuk" laa...  teacher Mary teach me... u dunno aar?
Me: Haaa... yaka? tak pernah dengaq pon, yeke Maa (turning to my mom....)
Amma: Yap.... taktau ka?
Me: Pass motion?? biaq betuiii....
Amma: Ya laa... abes tu hangpa ckp apa?
Me: Erk...... ntah...tak ingat pun cikgu ajaq? hmm... bahasa zaman dulu kot...  (confident je, coz I know teacher Mary would be at least 15 years older than me)
Niecey nicey: Aunty faster laaa... open the light!
Me: its ON the light, not open the light...( Klik...)
Me: Okeii... you can go pass motion now...


Erk... did the term skipped a generation. Coz, bein curious and tak puas hati, I asked my sisters and they didnt know too... both my Mom and Dad knows....
maybe it was taught but then I/we forgot... i donnooo....

baidawayy... how did we say it back then, in school ? In a more "so called polite" way?
Big Business or Small Business... or... "we want to do business with Mr.Tan...."
bisness minded generation we are!

6 comments:

  1. Actually I learned about that too... pass motion. To me, it didn't describe the action very well so I just kept saying "pang sai" only LOL So smart la your niece! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come u ollz never really use the term eh? Hahha.. as for me... i cant remember lernig dat term until i was "taught" by my niece.. haha... yaa.. pangsai senang lagi :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. rena yg malas nk sign inOctober 7, 2010 at 12:45 AM

    saya rasa teacher mary tu is a retired teacher yang dapat sambung kontrak balik tahun lepas sebab kita kekurangan cikgu bahasa inggeris yang berpengalaman sekarang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt it too but I think shitting is better choice of word for me. I say take a shit or pangsai now hahaha. Pass motion is a British term? Ask Mrs. Bala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :P rena.. tu la, mgnkin juga la.. xsmpt nak siasat :))

    jane... how come i oni dono.. jeeesh (yaaa.. mrs bala the xpert, but wouldnt it be weird for me to call her up just to ask about the term, no?) :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learnt about it masa kerja ok! I think dia mcm more to formal word la..macam hospital term. Pass urine, pass motion. Never know budak2 pun use that term. Anyway those day cakap teacher nak pegi toilet je haha. They didnt even bothered small or big :P

    ReplyDelete