My obsession with 80's recipe is not new to my family and some of my frenz. Having done 8 cookies altogether, I figured that should be enough. But then recently I was goin thru websites, (blogs n fotopages sharing recipes) and.. I found myself scouting for more recipes... and I fell in love with biskut makmur and biskut sarang semut. These are considered as evergreen, especially makmur. Sarang semut was famous in the 90s I think... hoho... but still evergreen gituw. Looking at the recipe... I realised I could still afford to make another cookies, and I chose sarang semut as most of the ingredients are already available.
When I searched the net, most of the recipes are the same. So here I share one of the links from a famous foodblog. http://hanieliza.fotopages.com/?entry=901155 . I rewrote... konon kasi variety sket dan takla copy paste je kan :P btw can also refer to the link for the resepi, in case mine tak clear sgt :P
The Ingredients:
- 350 gm wheat flour
- 100 gm corn flour
- 250 gm butter
- 100 gm castor sugar
- 1 egg (just the eggyolk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For Deco:
- Chocolate rice
Things you need (other than the normal baking stuff):
- Grater
- Small Paper cups
Method:
- Sift wheat flour and corn flour together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggyolk and add vanilla essense.
- Blend in the dry ingredients (both the flours) gradually. Add and mix well.
- Form into big doughs so that it will be easier to grate the doughs.
- Grate the doughs into a bowl
- Take a spoonful (/or accordingly) of the grated doughs into the paper cups.
- Spread some chocolate rice for decoration.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes in hot oven at around 160-180 celcius.
- DONE !
Guidelines to use Grater:
As seen in the photoblog, Ms.Hanie used this :
seems handy and easy right. But I dont have one of these!
therefore... I resort to this:
less blades huh.... imagine the efforts needed :P
But it was not that troublesome... So here's a demo of how I did it... cewah:
har har har... as u can see... I'm not using the dough. As this demo was done after the cookies dah siap! So I used Ain'a plasticine instead :)) huahuahua....
And your final result... would look something like this:
inset: how it looks like inside.
The Ant-Queen will be very excited!
So Am I !! Siok sendiri kuasa dua :P




oh goodness, this is how u do biskut sarang semut ka? all this while, i just form into dough and sprinkle the colored rice... lol
ReplyDeletei must tell my amma...
Haha since when u into baking ni and kuih sarang semut?!! So ol skool and nicey!!
ReplyDeletemarli.. now u know... make one for xmas kay :D
ReplyDeleteaan... ahahha i mmg ske olskool2 neh... present day is killing me!
... ouh wait.. korg komen ni br i prasan, blog i ni dah bersawang tnpa hapdet....