Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fast and Fuyyyoh.... which one can fuyyoh me now?

I need a car! After months of considerations... I decided to go economical on my first car. Majority of people around me suggested MyVi (younger sis using Myvi, so dont want another MyVi) or SAGA BLM...


Urkkk...alamak! I was one of the arrogant old timer proton users who always have something to laugh about the newer models... I nicknamed it as "Honda City terbantut" or mutasi City... but a fren's remark for this car "Honda City kena sumpah" is my favourite of all. But in my serious efforts of car hunting... BLM sounds easy to the ear.... and of course.. to my budget... hehe.

I have this habit of not wanting to waste my money.... or splurge into things I can get cheaper, in considerable quality :P I would rather spend less on a car... and have some extra money on other things... travelling, health etc.

Ok... so the hunt began.... after some surveys and several other considerations... I switched my decision. I think I'm in love with Proton Persona now... ahahhaa...
  1. Bigger Car
  2. Within my budget
  3. higher CC = 1.6
  4. more spacious
  5. Good reviews from users
BLM is ok for personal use but for family... i think persona should do better.

Downside will be - the never ending debates about Proton's Quality Control and Service Centres. And the car... heard that the FC (fuel consumption) is quite high, compared to.... jeng jeng jeng... Toyota Vios 1.5.


Ouh... Before this, I was going around asking friends, which one is better "Viva ke Vios" hahahhaa... and they always get annoyed for making that comparison... Why laaa? Cannot ka weh? at least, they kinda rhyme kan :P~ Vios was one of my considerations.... but... as mentioned... I hate to spend so much on a car...


!@#$%^^&^&#@@#%$#^$ (this is an impression of me hitting the cowculator)
tik tik tik
tok tik tok....
Vios 1,5 J (Basic, No Airbag etc)
Car Price: RM 73,565
Loan Period: Assume 9 years - (interest rate 2.68)

Persona 1.6 M-Line (Medium specs, Driver airbag, foglite etc)
Car Price: RM 53,300
Load Period: Assume 9 years - (interest rate 3.75)



dashboard + steering:


Issues:
  1. Interest rate for international cars is lower... but still, Vios J compared to Persona M-Line, for 9 years monthly installment, difference will be +- RM 200.
  2. Though Persona FC is higher... worse case scenario: it's gonna run up to roughly RM50 per month... that still leaves me with RM150 extra per month. (For 1+2, Persona scores more)
  3. Maintenance? Its a risk to take... even with a good QC... any car can get a punctured tyre.... then when it happens... which car will cost me more??? ehehhehehhe (Open for debate)
  4. I'm also looking for a car with a good 2nd hand value.... (For this... Vios scores)

So my question is.... will the extra 2ok (rm150-200 per month) be worth it... for a Vios-J?
Since it's my first car... am a bit confused... and also kinda PARTICULAR!


In conclusion....
I want a car for both personal and family use.... but at the same time am concerned and particular about budgets....

No comments:

Post a Comment